Ceramic Totem Pole Sculptures Saturday 10th July
Looking for unique things to do in Mornington? Learn clay sculpture making over two days with Slow Life Workshops and create your very own custom totem pole!
Bring along your drawings or ideas for your totem pole and we will take you through the design process step by step.
- You'll be acquainted with the types of clay to use.
- We'll explore refinement of drawings to allow success in the construction process.
- You'll learn how to make facial features and how to create an interesting torso for your totem pole.
- All sculptures will be fired, ready for the second session.
1) Day one session: Saturday 3rd July 9 am- 4 pm
2) Day one session: Saturday 9th October 9 am- 4 pm.
- We will underglaze and glaze our sculptures, adding colour through pattern, texture and design work, so we can bring your work to life!
- A demonstration will show how to form all your pieces together using metal rods to support your work from the base to the head of your sculpture.
1) Day two session: Saturday 14th August 9 am - 4 pm.
2) Day two session: Saturday 27th November 9 am - 4 pm.
After the course, your teacher will glaze your work a second time and organise a pick-up date for the collection of your sculptural pieces and structural metal elements which you will later put together at home.
All firing is at the cost of the participant and will be paid before the second duration of the second date of the workshop. All the metal connections will be supplied ready for your installation once the ceramics has been fired.